Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Specify Time in onAlarm

What forced me into it?

This was in a onAlarm activity that I wanted to specify the duration.
This was to set an alarm and retry interval in BPEL.

I saw some documentation providing me incorrect info, and I did have a lot of BPEL instances go to invalid state once they hit the onAlarm.
Now I can not go wrong, I have this post to help me.

So what is the notation?

Well this is the notation as in 10.1.3.3 MLR 5
P1Y1M1DT1H1M1S

Explaination!

This is straight forward.

Duration is
1 Year
1 Month
1 Day

This is for the P1Y1M1D part of the expression

Duration is
1 Hour
1 Minute
1 Second

This is for the T1H1M1S part of the expression

Links I liked!


To be frank I did a few trial and errors in BPEL before I was sure that the doc was not correct.
And I could not Google this up in the first 2 pages I was looking at.
So here is the post that has it. Now I know where to look. I hope it helps others as well.

1 comment:

Ganeshbabu Gnanagurusamy said...

Excellent and interesting articles. Great work..