Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whatz with the default Services TaskManager and TaskActionHandler

Why I wanted to write this?

When I first started to use BPEL console, I saw 2 service that were already deployed.
That did not make sense to me, and I wanted a clean environment.
I had not deployed anything. And here I see 2 services already deployed.
I wanted to undeploy those, but I decided to find out why.
Then I started to ask question to myself as to why these were there.


What is this TaskManager Service for?

TaskManager service is basically for managing the tasks.
Initiate Task
Update Task
Complete Task

Also does a few things like send callback for
Results for the task and
on expire of task

Basically operations on taks are performed through this service.

What is this TaskActionHandler for?

Task Action Handler as the name states handles actions.
Put items to user's worklist
Get response from the users
Maintain timer events

If you are wondering what timer events are, they are task expiration, task reminder and other such related timer based events.

Links that I liked!

The link you would like to read are
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/ias/bpel/pdf/orabpel-Tutorial6-TaskManagerServiceTutorial.pdf

No comments: