Thursday, October 30, 2008

Default Retired BPEL process

How did I find this?

I was testing the rollback of BPEL processes. That is when I found this behaviour.

What was the setup?

There were 2 versions of a BPEL process say A.
Say version 1.0 and version 1.1

Version 1.1 was deployed.
Version 1.0 was retired.

What I wanted to do?

Now I wanted to rollback to version 1.0
So I retired version 1.1
Set version 1.0 as default

All this was done using the Java API

Why java API?

If you ask me why java API, well there were quite a few BPEL process that need to be rolled back.
And getting this done manually is a monumental pain.

What I expected and found?

What I expected was, once I retire version 1.1
And set version 1.0 as default, version 1.0 will become active

But that did not happen. After version 1.0 was set as default it still was in retired state.

How to do this?

Once I found this it was all logical to say yes this is the expected behaviour.
But this never crossed the mind when preparing the automated rollback process.
Now I know this, possibly other might face or some thing to be aware of.

No comments: