Sunday, October 05, 2008

"The procedure entry point snlinAddrLocalhost could not be located in the dynamic link library oranl10.dll" post SOA suite installation

When did I see this?
When I tried to fire up sqlplusw I got this stupid error.
Well I had done nothing wrong but only installed SOA Suite in my laptop.

And here this error presents itself to me.
No clue why some thing should not work when I have not touched the original pieces of the application but installed entirely different application.

What is this stupid error?

This error has nothing to do with your software being corrupted but just a little paying with some thing called the PATH.

Once you install SOA suite, the installer tries to get itself as the first thing in the path. Pushes the oracle database bin path backwards.

How to solve this?

Well if SOA suite can push the path back for oracle database you can do the reverse and have the path come forward in the path list. Volla there you go, thatz it, nothing big but difficult to find.

Just another of those oracle's issues that you discover in the forum and fix.

Links I liked?

The link that sort of gave me the idea was 

The post by [dragosv] in the last few entries.

No comments: