Sunday, October 05, 2008

SOA does not start with error "An unknown OPMN error has occured"

When did I get this?

I have a fresh installation of SOA suite on my stupid Vista laptop.
I had a hard time getting this into it in the first place.

If you want to find how hard it was see this

I was damn happy getting this into it and I though wow here I go.
But damn stupid thing, after re-starting my system I could not get the SOA suite working.
I capture what I did to get this wonderful thing working.

What is this error and why I write this?

The first bolt I got was this
"An unknown OPMN error has occurred"
"Error connecting to OPMN (is it running?): Connection refused: connect"

This was when I tried to start SOA suite from the "start SOA suite" from start menu.

When I looked at opmn.log file it said some thing that did not make any sense initially.
It read "[ons-connect] Local connection 127.0.0.1,6100 invalid form factor"

Tried to see opmnctl status -app but got back
"Unable to connect to opmn.
Opmn may not be up."

How did I solve this?

Solving is very simple process.
Stop all opmn and related process forcefully if does not stop from "stop SOA suite" script
Rename persistence to persistence.old in ${ORACLE_HOME}/j2ee/${OC4J_Insatnce}
Note you will not be able to rename the folder if opmn or any related process is still running.

Use the following command to start SOA suite
opmnctl start
opmnctl startproc process-type=HTTP_Server
opmnctl startproc process-type=${oc4j_instance_name}

Where did I find the solution?

Found the most helpful solution here

Damn why does it suck so much to get SOA suite working on my laptop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks man for tip. I have also had problems on Vista, but all I have to do is run installer in compatibility mode (with XP) and to rename folder E:\OracleSOASuite\j2ee\home\persistance to persistance.old.